Discussion Content Thread Comments

wants2fuckjadastevens

Aug 19, 2022
I have a suggestion for the forum.

Can we not have comments bump content threads? I will see a thread is bumped and click on it just to find that it is a comment that did it instead of a new content post.

An even better idea would be to limit comments to discussion threads like TB had.

Reactions: senkai

eltaco

Facilitator
Mod Squad
Aug 24, 2021
I like the first idea. I don't think it's actually possible with software that the forum uses, but it would be awfully nice to not have comments bump the timestamps.

Having dedicated discussion threads for every model would probably make more mess than it would help. Comments under posts are nice because it's really easy to tell which post you're talking about when you comment. Having people trying to ask for re-ups or discussing a specific post in a separate thread is confusing. It's hard enough to get users to use the comments instead of making replies. We'd be spending so much time every day moving and deleting posts if people had to use a whole different thread.
It's a really nice thing for really active threads or for models where people have a lot of opinions, but really there's maybe 10 threads like that on the entire site.

Reactions: DonaldTramp
Comment