Discussion Not getting notified when a watched thread has a new post

ezalor99

Aug 18, 2022
As per the title, I've noticed that sometimes when I log in I'll have some updates, but I'll see a thread I've watched with a recent post but haven't gotten an alert for it. Any way to fix this? Would love the ability to have a list of watched threads as well so I can check them.

Reactions: mrdrawesome

eltaco

Facilitator
Mod Squad
Aug 24, 2021
A couple things

First, are you sure that there actually were new posts on the thread? There's a bump button inside each thread that bumps the thread up to the top of the most recent posts without adding any new posts or sending any notifications. Basically all it does it take the last reply and change the timestamp. This is supposed to be used to bring more exposure to low traffic threads.

Now, if there are new posts and you're still not getting notifications you'll want to check your account preferences. Click on your name at the top right part of the screen or go to https://xbunker.nu/account/preferences - then check to make sure you don't have any boxes unchecked at the bottom for the alert types you want.

Finally, there is a list of watched threads. It's right at the top of the page toward the middle. Click on the part that says "watched" with the eyeball emoji next to it and you'll have a list of all the threads you've subscribed to.

1 Comment
E
ezalor99 commented
Ah awesome, that list of watched threads is exactly what I was after, not sure how I missed it lmao