Watched list unseen post icon

Aug 17, 2022
Man I hope I explain this clearly...

I'm fairly certain almost everyone goes straight to their "Watched Threads" or "Watched Forums" after signing in. At some point you end up there, because it's tailored to who/what you want to see without having to search for that thread every frickin' time. Watched lists is the greatest invention of all time.

So here's something for the wishlist:

Let's say you browsed the thread at the top of your "Watched Threads" list, for example the Mia Malkova thread. You then sign off for a few hours to sleep, then sign back in. It was insanely helpful/life changing when we were shown a little icon on threads that had any new unseen posts. In the case of TB, a little red dot.

Opening that thread with the icon would automatically bring you to the first unseen post. Maybe I'm getting old, but trying to remember who's thread you last viewed and which post on that thread was the last you saw, sucks hard.

How difficult something like that was to implement, I have no clue. What I do know is that was, without a doubt, my most favorite feature on TB. Sometimes it's the little things that make you happy.

Is it possible to get this added? Did I even make any sense?

worsat

Apr 15, 2021
Every time someone uses the "bump" feature, it marks the last post in that thread as new and changes the date on it, so an unseen post icon would likely be wrong the majority of the time.
The bump feature is the worst, and they should get rid of it.

2 Comments
T
The Green Bastard commented
I agree, bumping seems detrimental. If the bump action was removed, the issue with triggering the icon would be resolved.

But hypothetically, if bump is here to stay, what if the icon is only triggered by actual new posts and not bumped ones?

worsat
worsat commented
I think that might not be possible. They'd need to fundamentally change the way bumping works.