Discussion Why do people use bunkr sites?

adam.bicha

Aug 18, 2022
I'm pretty new to the forum scene. Why do people use bunkr sites when they just have pop-up after pop-up after pop-up? It's a pain to try to download anything from them. Or is there some trick that I haven't figured out yet?

Reactions: miscguy

mocthrowaway

Aug 20, 2022
From my experience in sharing, bunkr links last a lot longer than gofile or mega. Gofiles and Mega links constant get taken down or deleted. There can be a graveyard of dead gofile and mega links, but the bunkr link is always active. So you don't have to constantly reupload content.

Comment

DJboutit

May 30, 2020
It is a great site no daily download limit and decent download speed. Only thing I do like about this file host is you can only download one file at a time.

Reactions: Saw0918
Comment

KingofStrokes

Jan 8, 2022
Everywhere
files seem to last longer on there and you can upload alot. yeah pop up blockers help. sometimes that shit will trigger my antivirus and block the sites lol. its messy but hey.

Comment

deguy

Aug 27, 2022
Whenever I see a link to a vid hosted on bnkr.is, I know that I'm in for quite the journey trying to see the file if I ever get to see it at all. The popups and browser hijacks make some of the videos unwatchable. I have tried all the blockers recommend: uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, and NoScript. All are ineffective. I use FireFox. Any suggestions?

1 Comment
ValorLupus
ValorLupus commented
Adblock Plus isn't perfect, but it removes 90% of the hassle. And Firefox has promised that they will still support Manifest V2 after introduction of the adblock killing Manifest V3 that Google releases in Chrome in 2023.

eltaco

Facilitator
Mod Squad
Aug 24, 2021
It has fast download speeds and uploaded files tend to last a long time. Gofile is nice, but often the links expire after just a couple days. It's really not a good solution for forums like this where people come looking for posts weeks or months after they were posted.
Adblock is certainly helpful when using bunkr. It's still frustrating sometimes, but it helps. If you're looking to download bunkr links fairly often, it might be worth looking into using a downloader script. I use a script that lets you paste links from bunkr, cyberdrop, gofile, and a bunch of different forums and sites and it automatically downloads the files. There's something similar here if you're interested:
https://xbunker.nu/threads/i-modified-the-th-gallery-downloader-to-work-here-enjoy.2492/#post-6820

Reactions: Brickleberry
Comment

DJboutit

May 30, 2020
Lately a lot of videos are downloading at like 350kbps this way to slow I want 2mbps again.

Comment

12JTNGUYEN

Mar 18, 2023
All of the sites got issues, but when you weigh the pros vs cons, bunkr has more pros, longevity being the biggest one.Plus there are tools that help you scrape the bunkr and alleviates some of the pop up problems.

Comment

TimZ_Tr

May 2, 2023
How does one upload to bunkr. There's no signup page I can see.

E
eurosen commented
does this get you past all of the endless popups and redirects, as from what i have experienced all of them are a pain in the ass, it sometimes takes 9 restarts just to acess a 20 second waste of time

eltaco
eltaco commented
Beats me. I use a browser plugin that prevents all pop-ups and redirects unless whitelisted. If there's an entire gallery I want to download or there's several different links I use a downloader script and never actually open the pages in a browser.
As far as I know, being logged in doesn't do anything to prevent the pop-ups otherwise, but as I said above it's still a better option for me as the links don't expire like gofile or get shut down like Mega.