Discussion Barbara Dunkelman General Talk!

black-lodge

Feb 3, 2022
Going from a job like RT to doing a normal 9-5 would probably be such a downer. I’m sure she’ll try and avoid that as much as possible. Anyone would. I could see the STF crew forming their own channel tho.

Reactions: Goongala101
Comment
Mar 30, 2021
Who knows, STF going independent would be difficult. Same if Funhaus went independent. Too many people to pay in hopes of getting enough profit to pay everyone. Who would get cut? Who would stay and edit? They may do well, but it'd be a logistics nightmare, probably. I feel like Barb could get scooped up by someone else if she leaves. Who knows.

Comment

Taquid

Aug 18, 2022
Barb has a lot of experience in doing various things at RT that she would probably end up in a similar field, and not restocking the dairy at your local Target.

Comment

black-lodge

Feb 3, 2022
I could see them doing the Patreon route like a lot of people who bail on companies. Funhaus would probably be fine doing that. They have a solid fan base that would follow them. I don’t think STF would survive. Barb has a ton of experience with RTX running cons. That could be an option.

Comment
Mar 30, 2021
Patreon might work for Funhaus, but they surely can't keep the amount of people they have on staff. Only time will tell. Perhaps Barb will give a bit more attention to OF if she leaves. Maybe she'll just sit in her underwear eating cereal. Who knows what the future has in store.

L
Lordbipbop1st commented
All comes down to money and paying the bills really. If she realises she can earn good money from just posting weekly candids and twice a month 'pro shoots'.. then that will probably be impossible to ignore

amateurbabes
amateurbabes commented
Even if she makes good money on OF, it wouldn't be stable income like RT would be.

Icon9719

Aug 18, 2022
That what I was saying in the other thread, its either she goes full time OF and basically has to go all out or her content gets even more reserved to keep her image for future employment. As much as I'd like the first one, I would place my bets on the latter. I dont think shes leaving RT anyways, probably just laying low. She's been retweeting people backing up all the positive things about RT as well.

Comment
Mar 30, 2021
We shall see. Leaving a place you love is difficult.
We also don't know if Barb faced any sort of abuse at RT. Doesn't seem like it so far, but she's yet to release a statement. Laying low is what seems to be the best course of action right now.

Comment

black-lodge

Feb 3, 2022
And from what other employees have said there does seem to have been some actual effort put forward to try and change the culture there. Its just gonna take time. So most likely this conversation will probably be irrelevant. As I really doubt this is the end of RT. We'll probably just see some on camera personal changes.

Comment
Mar 30, 2021
It's probably not the end of RT, though I kind of wish it was. Not because of the drama, but just because the content isn't that entertaining. Sure, I've grown up and my humour has changed, but they've changed, too. In hindsight, we can kind of pinpoint the shift in quality when Full Screen bought them out. Some people are taking time off. I don't know how many people can take time off camera.

On a more degenerate note, what if Barb left RT and went all in on OF? I think she'd still do what she's doing, but be more active. I don't expect nudes, but still the occasional lewds.

1 Comment
BigBenFranklin
BigBenFranklin commented
once they sold out to fullscreen they've been in decline. Going from a small company to a big parent corporation

Icon9719

Aug 18, 2022
There was an immediate recognizable decline the second burnie left and then a massive decline after the ryan and adam situation and I feel like its because none of the on screen creators trust each other anymore lol. The content just seems forced now and it doesnt seem like anyones genuinely having a good time filming. But yeah IF she left RT I still think she would have to go all out. Maybe nudes, or maybe not but far more lewd than they are now. A lot of people are getting bored of her content already with her just doing it as a side gig. I usually buy every set but its already posted with lightning speed by the time I get on here, but I've stopped buying the last few and probably not buying the next one if its what I'm assuming it is. She wouldnt make it if she were to do exactly what shes doing now.

2 Comments
Lilmrpimp
Lilmrpimp commented
If you want her to lean more into the lewd OF then I'd suggest you keep buying the lewder sets and ignore the other ones. Buy what you want to see more of which is what I do.

I
Icon9719 commented
That’s what I had been doing (actually I was buying them all regardless just to support) but now it’s been so inconsistent after those amazing candids a few months ago that it’s just turned me off. The thing about buying only the lewd stuff that you like is that I would have to stop by the forums to see if they’re good and most people if they already have the content right in front of them aren’t going to feel inclined to go over and give her the money for the set. I’m still going to at least buy the lewds for encouragement but to be frank I don’t think it really matters or she cares if the lewds are making more money.